Thursday, July 16, 2015

Learning it, word by word.


John 5:39  Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Today I was watching my favorite movie which I hadn't watch in a long time. I was getting some things ready while watching the movie and I wasn't paying all that much attention to the movie, but it was surprising to find out that I din't need to because I knew exactly what was going on and what every character's next line was going to be, I have learnt the movie line by line it seems.

We usually find our selves learning the lines in movies, the lyrics to our favorite songs, the motto our favorite business, but there is one elemental thing that we are forgetting to learn, The Scriptures.

This week I read about a man filing a lawsuit against a couple of Bible publishers, the news date back to 2008 and  the case was dismissed and that makes people think that means the Bible is safe, they could not be more wrong. The Bible is under attack and is not safe at all, if you don't believe me I invite you to read John 5:4, or Acts 8:37 in your New International Version (NIV) those verses have been erased and that's just to name a few. If we don't put the Bible in our heart soon we will be deceived, we'll find that the Bible has been altered and there will be nothing that we can do about it.

God Tells Joshua in Joshua 1:8 "This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success." Meditating in the Bible, searching the scriptures is the only way that we can be ready for the storm that is coming, lets not that storm shake our foundations, lets keep the scripture in our hearts, ultimately we might be the only ones that can teach our children and grandchildren the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment