Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Oranges





Mark 11:22-24
 And Jesus answered saying to them, "Have faith in God.
"Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be taken up and cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says is going to happen, it will be granted him. "Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you.…


One morning on July 2001 I woke up to find my baby sister Keren standing on the door. She was almost five years old. Keren was very still just looking at something. I came close to her and asked her what was she doing, she smiled and said the oranges on the tree looked delicious. Her comment made me smile, i gave her a hug and told her we could get some oranges at the store those were the oranges of our neighbor. She looked at me and asked why we couldn't have an orange tree in our back yard like the neighbor. This verse came to my mind and i told her if you have faith and you tell the tree to come over to our yard the tree will do so, Jesus said that if u believe it will happen.
 My little sister got this spark on her eyes and with all her might started to pray; "dear Lord I want some oranges, can this tree come to live in my house please. Tree come and live here in my house."
 I went to make us breakfast, when it was ready i went to get her. Keren was sitting down crying. I hug her and asked why she was crying, she told me the tree didn't move. I gave her a kiss and told her the bible says our ways are not the Lords ways. She asked me what that meat, I told her God has a plan and sometimes we want our way but His way is always the best. She started to cry and told me that she had faith that the tree will come and live in our yard but nothing happened, i gave a kiss and tickled her until she smiled. We went and had breakfast and when we were washing the dishes someone was knocking on the door. I opened the door and my jaw dropped, it was our neighbor.
We had been living in this house for over a year and she had never even return our "good mornings" she was an elderly day with a sour face. The neighbor said" good morning, i was wondering if you guys would like some oranges?" I could not believed my eyes. I was frozen and couldn't speak.
My baby sister ran to the door gave our neighbor a big hug, and said thanks. With a big smile my neighbor said we could go to her yard and have as many oranges as we want, when ever we want, that she just did not wanted the oranges to go to waste. When the neighbor left i started to cry and my sister hug me and asked me why was i crying, i told her the tree didn't want to come but he sent the oranges you prayed for. The Lord is faithful to His word, all things we pray and ask for and we believed we will received, Amen.



Blessings, I hope this story is a blessing to your life as it is to mine,
Bany Basto

 

No comments:

Post a Comment