Thursday, October 2, 2014

I have fallen!


For though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again,
    but the wicked stumble when calamity strikes.
Proverbs 24:16

About twenty years ago I was walking home with my mom, we had visited a friend of the family and were returning home. I ran along the sidewalk, and my mom was asking me to walk near her and my little brother.
One of the reasons that I ran, i recall, was that I was happy to be wearing some beautiful tennis shoes with a picture of the power rangers series.
I kept running without listening to my mom and all of a sudden I stumbled and fell. After the fall I immediately saw blood on my knee, I had fallen into a pool of glass. As I saw the blood that ran from my knee I entered in panic state  and cried  and shout, then i started to run, not in the direction toward my mother who came to my help but in the opposite direction to it toward the place where we lived. I remember running and seeing  some friends trying to ask me what was wrong with me, but I do not remember having responded, two things I remember: arriving at the hospital, and seeing how my  beautiful tennis shoes  with the picture of the power rangers full of blood. Today when I see my knee I remember this incident because I still have the scar.

When fall is usually for the same reason we do not hear the voice of the one who urges us to stop and walk near them. The consequences of falling include staining what is beautiful to us and having scars of that fall even many years after this. Even so when we fall we have two options, we can stand up and run toward the one who offers us relief  or desperately  run to a place where we might not find anyone.
God asks you if you're running in life, watch out, better walk safely at his side before that  you inevitably trip and fall, but if you already fell, remember that he runs to your relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment