Friday, October 3, 2014

Losing my Faith?


Isaiah 40:31 But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Andrea said bye to the house where she had spent the last 5 years of her life, the home where she had made so many happy and sad memories. The place where she and her husband Mike had live the most wonderful times of their lives until he passed away almost a year earlier due to cancer. Losing her home wasn't easy, she had already lost the most important person and now she was losing the place where she shared everything with him. Before getting in the moving van she made sure she had her most valuable possession with her, the Bible Mike had given her in their first Christmas in the  house. When, her brother, Adam, saw her with the Bible in her hand he got upset and asked her
-Don't you ever get tired? You carry that Bible around and talk about how good God is, but he's never done anything for you, quite the contrary he has taken everything that you loved from you. If he was as good as you say that he is he would be fair to you.
Andrea hesitated for a moment and then said
-Do you remember that summer day when Dad wouldn't take you to the county fair?
-Yeah, I was around 12.
-What did you think about him?
-I thought that he was the most horrible dad ever, he was being unfair, all my friends were going.
-Do you remember the next day when he announced that he was taking a one week vacation from work and taking us on a road trip to Disneyland?
-Yeah, I got really exited, I instantly forgot that I was mad at him.
-Adam, I know God din't let me go to the county fair, but I know that he'll take me to Disneyland. Yeah, I might get mad at him at first, but I know that he will always exceed my expectations.
-Don't you ever lose faith
-I might lose everything else, but my losing my faith? Never

We might find adversity, darkness, trouble, but the Bible tells us that there are goods things to come to those who wait in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment