Monday, October 6, 2014

Band aids


Psalms 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

I believe in Matthew 11:25 when Jesus declares that the mysteries are hidden from the wise and revealed to little children. God talks to my using my children, Every time my daughter scrapes her knee or gets a little cut in the skin she asks for a band aid, once as I gave her the band aid I asked if she needed help, she said "yes" so I helped, soon as I was done putting the band aid on her little finger she started fixing it apparently I didn't do a good job, I help her fix it and ask her if everything was better, she replied "yes, I you don't see it, it don't hurt" that made me think how different children are from adults, we of course know that the wounds we can't see are the ones that hurt the most. betrayal, lies, and that kind of wounds are more difficult to heal than a scrape in the knee. Luckily there is one that specializes in healing this kind of wounds.

We have the habit of putting a band aid over our wounds to hide them away so nobody sees them and even if they heal they leave a scar, but we don't have to hide them and we don't have to live with the scar. Depression, sadness, need for love, it doesn't matter how wounded  your heart and your soul are, God wants to heal them, he won't just put a band aid over it so people won't see it, he will make it heal and will leave you scar free. Let him treat your wound, let him take care of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment