Friday, October 17, 2014

Murphy's law


Psalms 37:5 Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this:

Murphy's law states that everything that can go wrong will in fact go wrong, how true this is in the daily life. In the day to day there is an endless list of things that have the worst of the end, but many times we  know it in our minds in advance.

One day I was returning to home from work at night, I had to drive approximately one hour. One of the tires on my car was not one hundred percent and I knew it could not tolerate much, but even so, I decided to take an alternate road that would save me approximately twenty minutes. On this road there were no tire shops and I knew one of the tires was about to pop, but I'd save time as well that I thought to myself "as soon as I get to the city I can find a tire shop" I still needed to go about 8 miles to reach the exit that I would take to get home and I thought that the worst thing that could go wrong  was that the tire would pop on the freeway  before I could take the exit, the tire exploded about a half-mile before the exit prior to the exit that I needed to take, well at least I had my cell phone to call someone, but as fate would have it my cellphone died and, sure, I did not have a charger with me. I started walking the five miles that remained to the entrance of the city, and I was walking along the side of a river when I saw lights, it was a community for people aged over 55 years so I walk that way, the security guard let me use his phone and i thought to myself "the worst thing that can happen is that nobody answers," then proceeded to call my brother and my best friend and surprise, surprise! There was no answer, and I started the three miles to the exit to my city and I arrived at the gates of the city and used a public phone and called my friend and that was the day that everything that could go wrong went very wrong.

We are generally pessimistic to what is coming, to the results of what we are doing. Psalms 37:5 tells us to commit our path to God, when we trust to God is when we forget the pessimism that we had and remember that as in Genesis one, everything that God does is good. Let us entrust our path to God and ditch the pessimism and the bad results. When we are with God the law changes to everything that could go well will come out better.

No comments:

Post a Comment