Tuesday, October 14, 2014

I am a Farmer



Hebrews 10:25 Not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

Every year when the winter vegetable harvesting time comes my town blooms with work. Every year I work around four months a year harvesting cauliflower then the company I work for goes back to their hometown and I stay here. During the remaining months I work at any job that I can find, I've done everything from construction, to cook, to garbage collector. The point is that it would be unfair to call myself a farmer if I do all these other jobs and I am only a seasonal farm worker. Sure I know people that work all year harvesting this vegetables, and then I know people that have only work in farms one time, one day in their lives, well there are others that work in farms once in a while, out of all this people I consider farmers only the ones that work all year round in the farms either preparing the land or harvesting the fruits of it, the others like me a temporal farm workers.

Christianity is not the way you were raised, not the religion of the country you were born, it's the way that you live everyday, it is waking up and the first thing in your mind being Christ. I don't believe in temporal Christians. I don't believe in hereditary Christianity, or patriotic Christianity. I believe Christianity means living your everyday life according to Christ.

I encourage you to meet up with other Christians and praise the name of Jesus, I encourage you to become a full time Christian, live your life for Christ and work for him.


I recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment